Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Neck and back pain
- Pain from migraine headaches
- Discomfort and low back pain during pregnancy
- Athletic Injury and recovery time
- Post surgery scar tissue and edema
- Spasms and cramping
- Flow of lymph (the body's natural defense system)
- Flow of endorphins
- Circulation Joint flexibility and range of motion
- Sports performance
- Injured or overused muscles
- Mind and body
More on the Benefits of Massage
Excerpt from Mayo Clinic article:
"Massage is generally considered part of complementary and alternative medicine. It's increasingly being offered along with standard treatment for a wide range of medical conditions and situations.
Some studies have found massage helpful for stress relief, managing anxiety and depression, pain and stiffness, blood pressure control, sports-related injuries, and boosting immunity. Beyond the benefits for specific conditions or diseases, some people enjoy massage because it often involves caring, comfort, a sense of empowerment and creating deep connections with their massage therapist.
Despite its benefits, massage isn't meant as a replacement for regular medical care. Let your doctor know you're trying massage and be sure to follow any standard treatment plans you have."